200g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. instant espresso
180ml whole milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
155g light brown sugar, lightly packed
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
90g + 34g Wonderful brand chili-roasted pistachios, separated
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Pour pistachios into sandwich-size plastic bags. For the 90g that will be folded into the batter, pound to crumble, leaving a few nuts whole and others in half-centimeter pieces. For the 34g that will top the loaf, pound to dust, leaving a few half-centimeter pieces and the rest quite small.
3. Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, instant espresso) in a medium bowl.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Stream in oil while continuing to whisk.
5. Add sugar to wet ingredients.
6. Melt chocolate in microwave in 15-second increments until smooth when mixed. Add to wet ingredients.
7. Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
8. Fold the larger, crumbled pistachios into the batter, being careful not to overmix.
9. Pour batter into loaf pan and tap to release air bubbles. Use a spoon to top with smaller, dusted pistachios.
10. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before lifting from pan.