1/2 lb. fresh chicken breast
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 servings linguine
1 clove garlic, minced
3 small heirloom tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup Califia farms nondairy yogurt drink, unsweetened
2 oz. freshly grated parmesan
2 tbsp. creamy goat cheese
2 tbsp. heavy cream
3 tbsp. butter, cubed
Dash of hot vinegar (optional)
1. Cube chicken breast into 1-inch pieces and season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
2. Set water to boil for pasta.
3. Coat medium saucepan with oil and sauté chicken on medium-high heat until cooked through, about 4-6 minutes. Set aside in a bowl and keep warm.
4. Generously salt boiling water before adding pasta. Cook until just before al dente.
Prepare while pasta is boiling.
1. Using the same pan as the chicken was cooked in, sauté garlic over medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add nondairy yogurt drink and bring to a light simmer. Once reached, lower heat to medium-low and add in parmesan while stirring. Continue stirring until melted, then do the same with the goat cheese. Goat cheese may not incorporate as smoothly.
3. Cover and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding heavy cream and butter, cube by cube, until fully incorporated. Allow sauce to cook on low heat as pasta finishes.
5. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Transfer cooked pasta directly from pot to saucepan and turn to combine. Add chicken back and a dash of hot vinegar. While stirring, add necessary amount of reserved pasta water to loosen up sauce if necessary.
6. Finish with freshly ground pepper and basil.